Friday 13 September 2013

Migrate Data and schema from development to production rails heroku

Migrate Data and schema from development to production rails heroku

I have facing problems with migrating data to my heroku app which has
Postgresql as database for my hosted site(Production). At my development
site i have rails 3.2.13 with Sqlite3 as database. I have followed Ruby on
rails Tutorial by Michael Hartl
i have used git push heroku to update my site at heroku. i also want to
update database along with data. But heroku run rake db:migrate migrates
schema not data. I tried db:push to push data to heroku but i get error
dependency.rb in 'to_specs' :Could not find sequel (~) 3.20.0
also i have searched and found that i should first my sqlite data to
dump.sql and then run
heroku pg:psql HEROKU_POSTGRESQL_COLOR --app app_name < file.sql as
answered in
http://stackoverflow.com/questions/15371394/rails-populate-heroku-database-with-development-sqlite3-data
but it failed with the local psql command could not be located
please tell me what i am doing wrong. or what is the right way to update
heroku postgresql with my development sqlite3 data.
Thanks in Advance

No comments:

Post a Comment